Why I became a Fitness Lifestyle Coach:
Hi! I’m Karen and fitness and healthy-living have been my life’s focus long before I became a coach, personal trainer, or bikini athlete.
I love the feeling of never being limited by my body. Whether I want to take part in a weekend hike, explore a new city on foot, or drop into a different style of fitness class. You shouldn’t have to feel like your fitness ability, pain, or confidence has to hold you back. I’m passionate about helping ambitious women have this same feeling of freedom in their bodies.
For years, I’ve helped women who want to regain control and take action with their fitness and health. I provide them customized plans and individualized support to fit them and their busy lives.
Because I know what it’s like to…
- Follow cookie-cutter plans to a ‘T’ (yet still not get the results that were promised in the ‘before and after’ photos)
- Live the busy corporate life, struggling with sleep and ignoring the increasing stress levels to the point of burnout
- Train hard and eat ‘clean’ for aesthetics (but realize that a ‘bikini body’ doesn’t always mean a healthy one)
- Feel plagued by injuries and pain (low back pain anyone?)
By working with women and through my own fitness journey, I know that every body and lifestyle are different and a one-size-fits-all approach doesn’t cut it.
I also know that our bodies are not a ‘lost cause’, you can and deserve to feel great in your body (physically and mentally).
In talking with both the women I work with and the many women in my life, I keep hearing the same frustrations that seem to come with our 30’s:
- Feeling tired more often than energized
- Your body aches when you wake-up in the morning
- No longer being able to wear everything in your closet
- Your blood work doesn’t fall within a healthy range
- Feeling like your metabolism has slowed to a crawl
This isn’t the way it has to be, our bodies were built to last.
Life is long and you deserve to enjoy all of it.
So you know you’re ready to make a change and turn things around, but here’s where things get tricky…
The media tells us the way to get fit and feel great is to just hit the gym every day, follow a low-carb diet, go for morning runs, etc, etc. We make a promise to ourselves to do this but the habit never sticks. Our fitness & health just feel like one more ‘to do’ item on our ever growing list.
What if exercise could actually be a fun and seamless part of your busy life?
What if it could actually get you the results you want and have you feeling great too?
I can get you back to feeling strong, energetic, and unstoppable in your body.
Let’s work together so I can help you nail down 3 key areas to make this a reality; my Pillars of Fitness. These have helped me and countless clients turn fitness into a forever lifestyle:
- Consistency – Creating an exercise habit that feels easy
- Challenging yourself effectively – Push past fitness plateaus
- Recovery – Use rest strategically to avoid injury, burnout, and boredom
To make these 3 Pillars a true success for you, we follow these core values in my coaching practice: fun, discipline, and simplicity.
- Fitness shouldn’t suck – it should be fun
- Quick fixes, fast-tracking, and fad diets don’t work in the long run – it does take work (and a little) discipline
- Fitness media and marketing will try and overwhelm you (to make a buck) – I sift through the information to keep it simple for you
Once we build these 3 Pillars & my core values into a customized plan meant for YOU and your busy and changing lifestyle, you’ll be that fit and unstoppable woman you currently envy.
A little more about me…. I’m a Pro Bikini Athlete (competing for 7 years), personal trainer, kombucha-lover, and am happiest when I’m either in the air (aerial arts!) or lifting heavy things off the ground. Looking forward to connecting with you further!
“This lady Karen is pure magic – before the coaching I was very skeptical if this would be just another 30 days to fitness or 90 days to whatever program, but this turned out to be solid gold. Karen gave me clear action points and a method to follow through on those action points as well as explained ‘the why” behind them. Fitness is now a part of my daily life, to the point where now it feels effortless & almost natural.”
– Ruta, Marketing Professional
Karen Broda, BComm, CPT, Pro Bikini Athlete (IDFA Canada), is a Fitness Lifestyle Coach & Speaker.
She works with ambitious, professional women to optimize their physical and mental strength, helping them become more confident leaders.
‘Getting fit’ is more than just visual, it’s about feeling great and being able to conquer anything that life has to offer. To achieve this Karen takes a 360-degree approach, looking at physical and mental strength, sleep quality, energy, and stress levels.
Karen helps these women reclaim their fitness and achieve overall wellness through private coaching and leading workshops both virtually and in-person.
You can also find her on LinkedIn.